Monday, August 30, 2010

Leta and Yuri

Leta and Yuri Ivanov did not escape my great start over, delete all neighborhoods frenzy. But I missed them, so I put Leta (the only Sim I did not delete out of the library) back in Riverview, and sent her to Yuri's house to meet him. My original accidental meeting and falling in love became a planned assault on my part to put the couple back together. Fortunately, the spark was still there, and it didn't take much to get things back on track to the perfect relationship.



Once the relationship with Leta reached just the right place, I sent Yuri home to tell his wife, Nadine, it was over.

Despite holding his son whom Yuri was crazy about, things did not go well with his wife, obviously. Even with a default skin replacement, this woman is not someone I'd want to go home to every night, and checking out his relationship status with her, Yuri didn't either.

Of course, even though things didn't go well with the ex, he now had something softer and more inviting to go home to. Not to mention a nicer home that does not have that horrid wallpaper.

I dress my Sims according to the weather I'm experiencing. Needless to say, Leta was dressed for the hot weather I was in. The picture just looked strange with the woman bundled for winter when Leta was dressed for summer. Yes, this happened all the time in TS2 as well before Seasons, and I even saw it sometimes after Seasons was installed. But for the most part, TS3 Sims do not wear coats. She was an oddity even for this game.

Oh, and welcome to the ugliest Laundromat. Even in my real-life town the old, dirty, tired out things don't look this bad.

This is a series of pictures of Leta making something from clay. Excuse me? This goes so far beyond ridiculous it's not even funny. Who would ever do anything with this much clay? Please give me back the potter's wheel from TS2.



And we end up with...

An unfired outdoor chair in clay? Who would sit in this? Who would consider this art? And I won't go into the fact she used a hammer and chisel.

Big, bad Lead Guitarist Yuri wanted the tats. He's the only person I've had in the chair that was squeamish.

Well, he might be proud he made it through, but apparently the tattoo artist thought otherwise.

Now these two guys, they were just having the greatest time getting down. Unfortunately, they didn't give him any money, but they were still dancing when I had to stop and send Yuri off to work.

I'm so glad Ambitions added this wonderful piece of clothing to the everyday wear. It just enhances the game.

I love Yuri's expression. He and Leta were getting married in the new neighborhood. Their outfits actually matched.

One thing TS2 can't do better is neighborhood shots. These can be beautiful and very often a pleasant surprise because something is almost always going on in the sky. I try to remember to look up from time to time.

The end of a long night on stage. Yuri came home, fed and changed his daughter and then just sat down to chill with Cassandra.

Later...

(The Sims Wikia.com page for the Ivanov family)

2 comments:

goodbye_sun said...

That was two lifetimes worth of clay! And exactly, who the heck makes a chair out of clay, with a hammer and chisel? I know they like to have a little fun and come up with unique things like that death flower, but if you are going to include rl activities, at least get the generalities right.

Unknown said...

I do love EA's humor. Last night I was looking in the fridge for something for Gage to use as bait and decided to try the birthday cake. Really I didn't think it would come up as a choice, but when it did, I told him to use it. He caught a Red Herring. :)

But the clay's not humor, it's laziness. Doesn't matter if it's clay, wood, stone or I assume ice (I haven't tried that) the block is the same and the "sculpting" is the same. There are many things they do in this game that's just plain laziness when it comes to creating actions. The appearing/disappearing from any sort of vehicle is a good example of that.

When they first mentioned sculpting in clay, I, of course, saw the potter's wheel making a comeback. I was sorely disappointed. I still have Leta do the sculpting profession, but I try to avoid doing things in clay because it annoys me. :/

The death flower is a cute idea, and it's nice to have a way that's not bargaining with the Reaper to stay alive, it does take a rather high gardening skill to grow it as well.