Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Actors, Vampires and Impressions - Late Night

Late Night. Many have called it the best EP to date. I'm not sure I'd go that far, since I've made it clear how much I like World Adventures, but it is better than Ambitions simply because it adds some rather nice game play features. As a teller of vampire stories, obviously the addition of vampires is beyond cool, and they're worlds better than Nightlife gave us.

Over the next few postings I'm going to cover some of my general impressions of the game, the acting career which folds into celebrity standing and, of course, a vampire.

I'll start with the big news that you now have more versatility in creating your Sim in the first place.

In CAS you now have new sliders for breast size and muscle definition. Yup, they're cool. And the boys at EA had enormous amounts of fun with the breast slider in putting together Bridgeport. Apparently they believe in silicone bodies.

The breast slider pushed all the way to left gives you a practically flat-chested lady.

In the middle is the normal Sim body.

All the way to the right.



The muscle slider is available for the female as well, I just didn't use it because I'll cover it with the males.
Okay, switched directly to male and got this.

Pushed the muscle definition all the way to the right.

Normal sized guy with the slider in the middle.

Now the slider's all the way to the right.

The game comes with a new neighborhood, Bridgeport. I don't know why EA couldn't have made it a sub-hood, essentially the vacation hoods are sub-hoods, Bridgeport could have worked just the same, but for some reason, EA feels that it has to be all or nothing these days. It would have been great for it to have been like Downtown for the Nightlife EP. But nope, not to be. My Sims play in Sunset Valley - I've tried other hoods and always send them back there.

But, I wanted to see what was new and cool in the game, so I loaded Bridgeport and created Scott Phury to test it out. Eventually, I saved a copy of him to the library and moved him into Sunset Valley with everyone else.

Bridgeport is nice, not my kind of place for either me or my Sims to live, but really nice. I need grass, not concrete. As always, there's an impressive view to be found if you just stop and look around.

The dark, cloudy, hazy sky tends to make me think weather might be on its way to the game. Usually the days are bright and blue, even if there are enough clouds to make the sun a bit less than bright.

The copper topped building you see is City Hall. One of the interesting aspects of Bridgeport is that more than one rabbit hole business can be in one building. For example, the nice expensive restaurant is in the same building that houses the business career. The military, police and city hall all are all together.

This is the view of the city from Kendrick's penthouse. The apartments are really small this time around, and as far as I can see, you can only have one playable family in any given building. The building fills up with non-playable Sims - mixologists and bouncers for example.

Looking the other way.

Same view at night. The way the buildings light up is really nice.

Pigeons! Yeah, but they're really just a decorative item that moves around in a very small tight circle. I'd say it's most likely those five are placed together. They don't do much, the Sim can't step on them or interact with them as far as I can tell, they just add a citified element to the surroundings. I noticed at one of the apartment buildings I could hear them cooing when the Sim was standing in front of the building.

2 comments:

KDSGS said...

WHAT?? You can't kick the pigeons, or feed them? Bummer. LOL!

Also that was quite a paradox of the fat guy with the 6 pack abs, LOL!

I am truly envious of the muscle slider, I often wish I could add or cut back on certain bodies in TS2. I gave up trying to keep some sort of linear line with Sim bodies. Lorcan (from CS for example)naked or with his shirt off is more muscular than when he is dressed, what can you do? Nothing, I let it go. But to have control...that would be cool.

And I shudder to think how close to Pic #4 I am getting. *steps away from computer*

City shots are breathtaking, again, *envy*

Thanks again for sharing~

Unknown said...

No, you can't, believe me, that was one of the first things I checked. :) I mean, if you can kick a poor defenseless gnome, then why can't you kick the pigeons?

Sumo wrestler, or something. I thought you'd get a kick out of that. I'll admit, my TS2 guys are all tall and skinny, as you well know, but I love the muscle slider. I think for the paranormal heroes they're a must. Someday waaaaay down the road, I can see me eventually changing over. Maybe when TS4 comes out TS3 is finally equivalent to TS2.

Lorcan has a body? I've only ever seen that devilish grin and those sparkling eyes. :)

The continuous town is wonderful. Pictures come out seriously nice. As for picture #4 that will be gone before you realize it. :)