Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sireta's Blog - Part 3

I’ve been in Perseus one week now, starting week two. Since I don’t work on Sundays, I decided to wander around town when I saw a sign that said I could take a painting class at the Community School for the Gifted. (Once again, no camera.:( Sorry, I really wish you could have seen this school – gifted indeed.)

After class, I walked around the square and ended up at this nice little bistro – Little Corsican Bistro and decided to eat outside since, like all days since I’ve arrived, it was beautiful. The only complaint I had about the meal was that there were too many people hanging around. I get very uncomfortable and stressed in crowds.

It was still early and I was feeling curious, so I started walking up the hill on the road out of town when I saw a name on the mailbox, Crumplebottom. There were Crumplebottoms in my hometown, so I stopped and rang the doorbell. Agnes Crumplebottom answered and invited me in.

We chatted for a while, but it started getting late, and I was getting itchy from her decorating tastes, so I called a cab and headed home. She seemed nice enough, even if she is disgustingly rich with crappy pattern choices.

Up early on Monday, as always since the carpool comes at the insane hour of seven in the morning, I put on my new Paper Girl uniform. I look pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

I’m so excited about this new job. I sure hope I like this one and do well. If things don’t pick up soon, I’m going to have to write my parents for money.

I worked hard all day; I was beginning to wonder if 3:00 was ever going to arrive. The day was seriously harder than I expected – can you say stress overload? I’ve got to improve my writing skills, maybe even get an easel just so I can paint some of this stress away. I really enjoyed that class I took.

I can’t take the thought of cooking or going out. I’m not crazy about pizza, but it’s the only takeout available, so I ordered one. Really isn’t the hair the same color as the uniform a bit much?

I hate to be a pig, but I’m starving.

Tuesday

Leftover cold pizza for breakfast, yuck. In my opinion, that’s not the way to start the day. Like all leftovers, it tasted like the fridge. Not to mention, cold with congealed grease, but I have no other choice, I don’t have time for anything else.

Today wasn’t quite as bad as yesterday, so I came home, grabbed some juice and decided to practice painting. My stress disappeared in the solitude of the paints. I had the easel delivered from a place called Buy Mode.

Wednesday

I learned today that if I increase my writing skill, I’ll be able to get that promotion I want so bad. My parents sent money to buy a cheap desk and computer so I can work on my writing skills, I really should think about taking another class. Also, I need to work on my friendship with Tris if I want to keep him as a friend. Frankly, I really need one or it’s going to get lonely around here even for a loner. I tried to visit him last night, but he was out. I guess he must have changed jobs or gotten a promotion because I could have sworn he used to come home at 3:00 just like me.

Oh, Spirits, I was feeling lucky since I finally caught Tris at home. When I saw him, I just melted again. I thought since I hadn’t seen him for a while I was wrong about my feelings, but I’m such a hopeless romantic and he’s so flirty, I just know this is so much more than just friendship.

So I thought I’d tell him how I feel about him. Then we kissed. Wow, is he a great kisser! Wait, great doesn’t begin to describe him.

Waking on Thursday, I was still feeling on top of the world when I headed off to work. So much so, I improved my writing skills while still at work and earned a promotion to Automated Spell Checker Checker – I’m now making 44/hour.

I thought I’d have Tris over for dinner, but when I opened the fridge door, I was assaulted by the stench of something rotten. So, instead, I decided to toss the crap and invite Tris out. He asked me to call him back in about five hours because he was busy. Unfortunately, I forgot to look at the time, he was still at work.

Part 2

5 comments:

S.B. said...

The landscape in twilight or night or whatever that time of day is, well it is just beautiful. Prettier than anything else in the game that I've seen so far.

this continues to be interesting - thanks for sharing it!

Unknown said...

S.B. It's twilight - it was probably around 5 or 6. When I pulled back and saw how the house sat on the hill, I really worked to get the house and the landscape together. The light changing during the day is really cool. And you can actually watch the shadows change as the sun moves across the sky. I'll be interested to see what they do with seasons.

Thank you, I enjoy sharing it, and it gives me something to do with it as well. :D

KDSGS said...

Loved the comment on the hair being the same colour as the uniform. Ewww. Can you change hair colours like patterns in the game? OR is it the same as Sims 2, have to look in a mirror and click 'change appearance'?

I agree the twilight is a nice touch. Slow changing of light, great idea. 'leftovers taste like the fridge' LOL! So true.
Good thing Tris is a good kisser, not much else to recommend him (looks wise) but then, he can play guitar!
Thanks Lachesis, while I will not be buying this, I am interested in the differences between the two games!

Mao said...

LOL! Love the paper girl outfit. xD That's too cute.

I really need to mess with journalism! It's the one career I haven't touched, but I've had several proficient authors. :( Maybe soon!

Unknown said...

Hey Drew, I couldn't believe when that delivery girl showed up. EA has some strange sense of humor. :D As you notice, Sireta's hair is streaked, the tips are actually kind of a burgundy color. Click the mirror and it takes you to the CAS section for picking hair and makeup. In the hair section are a limited choice of styles, even less for the men. Click the color option and you have a couple of choices, the color wheel is the best option, unlimited colors. You choose the base, highlight, root and tip colors. Then work at blending them. With Tris above, I went back once I had moved him in with Sireta (oops future hint ;D) and played with his so it now looks black with shiny highlights instead of gray streaked. The color wheel makes for infinite color choices and is available for everything, clothing, skin, makeup, eyes, hair, furnishings, etc. EA wasn't kidding when they said you can customize everything.

Actually "leftovers taste like the fridge" is Sireta's comment and part of having the perfectionist trait. A lot of the comments are theirs based on one or the others personality traits that I picked to start with. :) There are popups that tell you what they think.

I do enjoy doing this, and it will keep me interested in the game longer, I'm sure.

Hey Mao, me, too, and she looked so cute in it. :)

Sounds like you spend a lot more time in the game than I do. Sireta has sold one book and is getting royalties on it, but only one at this point. I've only explored the medical, the journalism, the athletic and the guy over in Riverview I'm not blogging is in music.