Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sireta's Blog - Part 4

Friday, thank the Spirits, I’ve finally made it through another week. My second here in Perseus.


I’ve spent so little time with Tris. I decided to grab a quick salad then nap so I wouldn’t fall asleep before Tris got home.

I’m seriously getting tired of this toilet clogging up every time I turn around.

I had such a great time with Tris, we’re going steady. I guess that makes him my boyfriend. :D

Sunday (Week 3)

Tris has Sunday off, so I asked him to go with me to the Bistro. Such a beautiful night, we ate outside. When I finally got home, I was still feeling wide awake, so I read Street or Sidewalk a Cautionary Tale that my boss requested I read for work.

Monday

After a long stressful day, I decided to get a massage instead of going straight home. As I came out of the parlor (I would have shown you the inside, but you know, there are a lot of places in Perseus that won’t allow cameras. I find this very strange, but I guess it’s a private town) I met Mortimer Goth, and spoke with Gunther who was with him. Apparently Mortimer is his son.

Early Tuesday Morning

I finally talked Tris into a bit of woohoo, not that it was that terribly difficult to do. I’m definitely falling in love. This was a great move. I’ve found the man of my dreams in a town of ugly people.

Tuesday

Even being around a ton of people can’t completely wipe out my happy mood. I hope Tris didn’t mind waking up alone, but I just can’t afford to miss work. What a wonderful lover to go with being a great kisser. This day just keeps getting better, I’ve been promoted to Freelance Writer. I was going to tell Tris, but he had to go to work.

I need to do an interview, I think I’ll try to interview Gunther Goth. I’ll start with giving him a quick call.

Hum fun-filled and tiring, I went to Tris' house and once again we wound up in bed, apparently I’m not the only one who thinks this is wonderful.

Wednesday

Seriously, how are these for Free Lancer duds?

I couldn’t do it anymore, I had to hire a maid even though she costs almost half of my daily salary, but I can’t take it anymore, the filth is getting to me.

The dolt was not getting the hint, so damnit, I proposed to him.

Thankfully, he said yes – I didn’t want to wait another moment, so we were joined in a private ceremony. Tris moved in. Since I made the joining choice, the poor man gets my name. The laws of this world are very confusing.

Thursday

Isn’t he handsome? So muscular.

Oops – must be all that woohooing. (The pictures are courtesy of a friend of Tris' that was at the gym today while he was working out.)

Friday

What I wouldn’t give to have a vacation available! I only managed to get about half the sleep I need, got up too late to eat breakfast, so I grabbed a cup of Double Non-Fat Frothiccino with Carmel Swirl.

Tris is such a sweety. On his day off he finally did the grocery shopping I so badly needed done. He even picked me up a bottle of bubble bath. He’s so considerate. While he was there, he took a fishing lesson. He so wants to learn how to fish.

Hey, things aren’t so bad as I thought! I got promoted to Professional Blogger! Yeah, the change to journalism was perfect for me and I only work until 12:00 – more time to spend with Tris! Things just keep getting better and better.

Saturday

I rode my bike to the Goth home hoping to get an interview with Gunther. He wasn’t home, but I passed the graveyard on my way so I stopped and toured the mausoleum, sorry, no camera. Besides a lot of noise, screaming and organ music, I came out unchanged. But while at the graveyard, I found two blue topaz, one can be seen at my feet in the above picture. I sent one off to be emerald cut.

If you want to know what’s going on in Perseus, you have to read the paper.

Poor Tris, it really wasn’t fair of me to leave the broken sink, and just go to bed while he was at the community pool for a half an hour swim, but he’s so much better at fixing the plumbing messes.

We’re really going to have to see if we can find a new home. Something not too expensive, but better than this. We’re both off tomorrow, perhaps we can look around then.

Part 3

10 comments:

goodbye_sun said...

I just can't manage to warm to this game at all, the more I see of it, the more I think they could have just had a new EP and put the good bits of this in it.

Unknown said...

Goodbye_sun, yup, agreed. I'm not seeing anything to take me away from my TS2 play neighborhood. With all the SP's and EP's TS2 is the almost perfect game. Unfortunately, there's more money in this than just another EP. ;p

You should hear my husband's thoughts on the game, and he's good at making buildings for me, so he looks at the building bits and pieces. Not impressed would be putting it mildly. :)

KDSGS said...

How bloody frustrating you can't go in to certain areas, 'no camera' that would drive me.
Great shot of the gym...handsome...ah. yeah.Too much woohooing, LOL!
Fat sims, wonderful. Too much like real life. LOL!

Are the 'woohoo' actions under the blankets the same? Or even more cartoony?
Thanks for another look!

Unknown said...

:D Drew. You notice there seems to be a pattern to that, and a *lot* of places it applies to.

Actually, you'll notice the random EA clothing choices are once again ridiculous. Why is a down vest part of athletic clothes?

Ah, handsome...yeah. Not for lack of trying, mind you. The CAS is not very intuitive, so it's hard to know exactly what can and can't be done, and a lot of the problem is EA's choices. The skin can come in any color, but it has no real definition. As for the beard, unlike TS2 there isn't, at least I couldn't find, anything subtle in the beard, no stubble in varying degrees. :( And the hair style choices are a bit pathetic, I think, although I did find later the ponytails in with the accessories and hats under the clothing. Yeah, I would have looked there to start with.

What you see is pretty much what you get with woohoo. They've made it very subtle. There's the falling in love chime from TS2 and a bit of the covers moving around and the *gag* hearts floating down, but that's it. No moans, no feet sticking out, no fireworks. I know those things were really over-the-top, but somehow they make me laugh they were so silly. Oh, and they finish in their pj's. No undies. They've actually managed to take some of the adult humor and things out and make it younger IMHO. :/

One last thing, despite the fact I've married these two, I've never seen anything anywhere to indicate they are in love. Don't know if that's just missing, or doesn't exist anymore. I've seen that he/she thinks the other is very alluring, but nothing about love. Maybe these two just don't love each other, of that I'm not sure.

KDSGS said...

Wow, I got some great shots in Sims 2 when a couple in love would randomly look at each other longingly, fan themselves, smile when that person walked in the room...etc. None of that exists?
I always got a chuckle out of the silly woohoo animations in Sims 2.
Finish in their PJ's? LOL!

yes, that beard was horrid on the Sims 3 guy I posted at my site.
Ponytails with accessories, yeah, that's where I keep mine!

But it is still interesting to find out about the game. I noticed in the first pic, does that food whirl around in the food processor, if so, neat!

Thanks Lachesis!

thewynd said...

I will say I am enjoying the commentary. The scenery is nice but not being able to enter the lots is just...stupid. As is all the other stuff they took out.

I'm having a hard time warming to it myself. I am pretty sure I will stick with Sims 2.

Unknown said...

You know, Drew, I haven't noticed any of the longing looks, and no one fans themselves. Frankly, I think using it for serious storytelling would cause migraines. :D If you noticed, when getting married they didn't even look too thrilled. :/

Smile when walking into a room? Hum, I'll have to pay closer attention, and yeah I not only know that from TS2, but I remember Maxis making a big deal out it before the game came out.

Yes, the food does whirl around, and the stuff at the top even floats up a bit. There are improvements, I'll give them that. But they've taken so much away even from base TS2. :(

You're welcome. I'm really enjoying this as much as to see what the game has to offer as sharing it. I really want people to look at it and decide without my "reviewing" it. :) Although my comments are reviews of sorts, but hey, I still give the straight poop above. LOL And I like the comments, too, and questions. :D

Hey Gayl, thanks, I'm trying to bring humor, but then, I guess I do feel some of it is just plain ridiculous. :) Yes, the background is nice. Frankly, I much prefer TS2. In fact, I always feel like I've gone home when I go back in to either put together an update, or just plain play.

Unknown said...

You know, I think there's something I've forgotten to mention. You'll notice the maid is running? That's because Sims "run" by default. Yup, really, you'll feel like you're playing an RPG or Tomb Raider. :(

If they're going a short distance, as with above mentioned other games, they will walk, otherwise, running is all the craze. If you want them to walk, when you tell them to "go here" there's a pop down under the footprints in the action square. You have to remember to choose the pop down, and pick walk. If you don't have the game paused and you're not fast enough, they'll have most likely ran halfway to where you want them to go. :/ That sucks.

Mao said...

Are you using the awesomemod, Lachesis? That's a feature -- the always run. I actually like it because dear God, directing these sims is like directing sticks to wade through mud.

As for the fanning, etc. That all came with Nightlife. TS3 is completely devoid of any chemistry system/etc as was base game TS2. Chemistry added a whole new realm to the game. I hate that they decided it wasn't 'important' enough for base game.

As for sim interactions, they barely interact at all, whether sitting down, eating together, etc. They stare forward and their mouth moves. The distinct lack of expressions and same-facedness of EVERYONE when they walk drives me bananas.

There's definitely some fun aspects, but damn, did they not play TS2 at all? Seriously.

Unknown said...

Nope, Mao, no mods at all. And the only cc is the Prius because I can't find anything at the store I like well enough to use my 1,000 free points on. :/ I'm just lucky, for some reason, my sims run all the time unless they're in the house or I tell them not to. Hum, even after I finally decided to hell with my fan and chose to use the full shader option, they're not moving that slow.

I knew the fanning came with NL, but even the base TS2 noticed when a sim entered the room and smiled. :p We didn't have cars until NL or guitars until Uni, so they could have given the sims a damn personality.

OMG, did you see them in the picture above where they're eating? I thought there was something wrong! That's driving me insane. Again, they could have at least given them a personality. But, they'll save that for future EP's so we'll spend our money just so we don't have to look at blank stares.

Hey, speaking of interactions, have you ever seen two Sims showing any sign of being in love? I've never seen the word mentioned, nor has there ever been any indication in the friends area. Just wondering if I'm missing something.

Some parts are fun, but no, I don't think they gave a damn about TS2 beyond what the people at the exchange had to say about it, and that's going to kill it. I saw that it's on sale at our local Target this week for $44.95. It took months for TS2 to go on any kind of a sale.