Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sireta's Blog - Part 5

Sunday (Week 4)

That’s it, the toilet clogged up again. We have to get a new home.

I love Tris to death. It’s the little things he does for me, like buy me bubble bath when he went to the grocery store. So I just put the bottle right there on the tub.

While I’m waiting for Tris to get off the phone so he can get cleaned up, I’ve gone back to work on Elves of Dagon, a truly fantasy piece of writing as there are not nor ever have been elves on Dagon despite the unfounded sightings of ranting people. I’ve seen other races, but not here in Perseus, only at home in the central part of Tyr. But I’ve never seen an elf. Pointy eared people, indeed. People with really big ears, now that I’ve seen, but there are no points involved.

My grandmother, may she rest with the Spirits, died and left me a motherlode of 50,000. Tris and I decided to buy something a bit nicer than we were originally looking at. A two bedroom (which we’ll have to convert into a one bedroom because they’re just so damn small) one and a half bath Cape Cod just one street over from where we now live. I love my bike, as does Tris his, but we have plenty of money left to buy a car we can share on the days when we don’t want to ride the bikes.

Monday

So nice to wake up in a new house with a dishwasher and a big screen TV. Thank you Grandma Aren for remembering me.

I only work til noon nowadays. When I got home, I found Tris fishing in our beautiful pond behind our new home.

Between being stressed from working on my book, Elves in Dagon, a big crash from coffee buzz wearing off and exhaustion, I just was not interested in Tris’ attempts at being amorous.

Wednesday

I’m so dead tired I’m not getting anything done but sleeping. I’m not even awake when Tris comes home. I’ve seriously got to get a full night’s sleep. I wish I could say my lack of sleep was due to good lovin’ but all it’s due to is life and not enough hours in a day to do everything I need to do.

Thursday

Maybe a goodnight’s sleep is not a good thing for me. I’m suddenly having this crazy urge for a baby. Spirits, I’m not locking that into my wants, hopefully I’ll soon forget that craziness.

I met Tris in the park today after work. He was reading a book to improve his fishing and he bought me a book about gardening when he went to the bookstore today. He told me he didn’t get any pictures because they wouldn’t allow cameras inside. :D Guess I’m not the only one with that problem.

I’ve been wanting to start a garden. Tris is such a bookworm, though, he reads twice as fast as I do.

I picked up goodies for a picnic from Buy Mode – that place has everything. It was a lovely evening for it.

Friday

Tris and I both got raises today. We weren’t promoted, but raises are good. I also finished Elves of Dagon and will be receiving royalty checks on Sundays.

Saturday

I swear this is the only magique in Perseus:

We stand at the curb waiting for our car, which is parked in the carport to our right, to teleport out front onto the street.

Then, since I’m driving, I teleport into the driver’s seat first. You don’t see me in this shot because I’m teleporting.

Then Tris teleports over and off we go. Cool huh? Confusing’s what I call it.

I thought we could go to the beach until Tris has to go play; he’s in the Minor Leagues now. Since swimming’s not allowed, I tried interviewing a teenager named River, but she thought I was boring and when I pointed out her flaws, she called me rude.

But I did find out I could go to City Hall and change my name. I love the name Verur, so I changed it. I’m hoping Tris will want to do the same since it’s his family name, and he’s the last of the line. I then took a tour of City Hall, which I found fascinating, but again, I can’t take pictures. Hell, I can’t even show you where I went to have my name changed.

I thought of trying to interview another teenager named Miraj. Things seemed to be going better this time, then nope he didn’t want to be interviewed either. I’m just not good at this. I’m not good around people, period. Maybe I should try to go back to Ms. Crumplebottom.

Part 4

7 comments:

goodbye_sun said...

Can I have teleportation too please? I don't even have to have a car, just the appearing somewhere else feature.

And hey, bonus, they kept the house designs with awkward sized/shaped bedrooms I see.

I am enjoying the commentary, even if its just to gigglesnort at the oddities you keep running across.

Unknown said...

Hey goodbye_sun, yeah, me too. :D Actually, the bikes and taxis work the same way. The bike disappears from the rack, which btw you have to have to have the bike, and reappears in the street. Then, when the Sim gets where they're going, the bike appears in their inventory. At least the car just parks in a parking spot - not on the street any more.

Yup, the house is laid out just like always, awkward and small.

Thank you, I'm trying. What I can't convey is the frustration of some of the things, like buying the bubble bath and then trying to figure out how to use it. Had to look on the web for the answer. After playing TS1 and TS2, taking the bottle out of the inventory and setting it on the tub would be the first thing I tried. :p Since we've always been able to set things on the tubs and sinks. Which you can do now as well.

Mao said...

LOL! You know you love the "popping" in and out of cars. I mean, it's so realistic, right? They're too lazy to make new animations. ;)

I'm actually kind of fond of a lot of the houses. They are usually well-built... except the tiny, tiny ones. And that's simply because sims are too stupid to navigate. Which drives me BONKERS!

LOL, no worries. The bubble bath took me some time, too. I also hate that you CAN'T use it with the shower/bath combo. Lame.

KDSGS said...

That is so neat you can place things on tubs and sinks, always wished we could do that in Sims 2!

Can you angle furniture now without typing in a cheat? (Noticed the chair in the living room)

LOL! They do not seem to be overly affectionate!

And that still blows me away you cannot go into some businesses/buildings and take pics!
That would drive me.
And vehicles 'teleport'...What???
I am sorry, don't like that. What was wrong with getting in the car, backing the car out, and driving away?
Beach looks nice. You can't swim??

Thanks Lachesis, interesting look, I will admit, I like the look of the buildings.

Unknown said...

Hey Mao, I just don't get it. The first time she got in a taxi, my mouth dropped open. WTF? They could do it in Sims2, what's with the game engine they can't figure it out with TS3?

I've never gone into one of the larger houses, except Crumplebottom's, and I was so appalled by the colors and patterns, I didn't think to look around. :D

Hum, above is the shower/bath combo, but I did have to put it next to the faucets, it wouldn't go anywhere else.

Drew -
I thought that was cool, too. Also you can put things in the middle and on the 4 corners of tables as well as multiple places on cabinets, even if there's the coffee maker or something else usable on it. That I do like.

Yes, furniture can be angled now. And, if I read the manual right, although I haven't tried it, with a keyboard combo you can snap off grid as well.

No, they're never autonomously affectionate.

I'm not sure I've make this clear, what happens at City Hall or anyplace I can't go in, is the Sim goes in, if you follow, the building just disappears, time speeds up and you wait until they come back out. It's like taking your pet for a walk. :(

Yup, the car just appears on the curb and the characters just appear inside. Guess walking to the car, opening the doors and backing out and driving off is too much time for some people to wait, or just can't be done, or they just don't want to do it. :/

I tried to swim. Maybe I was in the wrong place when I clicked, but somehow, I think that will be an EP action.

The buildings are cool looking, especially the ones I like to call "plopables" like City Hall. And you're welcome.

Mao said...

Sims can be autonomously affectionate it. It's retarded, but dependent on what 'tree' you leave them on when they interact. My sims are all over each other, but they mostly stayed in the 'irresistible' romantic tree thing. I'm not so big on the social interaction.

What? It is, isn't it. Geeze. I don't use it, so I didn't recognize it! The one time I did have it, I couldn't manage to place bubble bath. Can you place the duck there, too? I'll have to keep that in mind.

Unknown said...

Okay, stupid question time. What's the "tree"? I think I've missed something somewhere. (So hard to do with this game. LOL)

I was going to buy the duck and then forgot to go back for it when I learned what it did, but I assume it can also be put on the shower/bath combo. :D